Monday, December 7, 2009

The Keeper

The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand." Psalm 121:5

The Lord is many things to us- our Savior, our Redeemer, our Deliverer, our Healer, etc.- and He is also our Keeper. He is the One who watches over us, who protects us, who guards us and who preserves us--- our Keeper. He keeps watch over us as a shepherd watches over his sheep, as a gardener his garden, as a watchman over a city and as a man watches over his home.

He is the keeper who keeps us from falling. "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy." (Jude 1:24)

He is the keeper of what I commit to Him- my life, my family, whatever and anything. "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2 Timothy 1:12)

He is the keeper of my physical well being. "He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken." (Psalm 34:20)

He is the keeper of Israel. "Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." (Psalm 121:4)
He is the covenant keeper. "And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments." (Nehemiah 1:5)He is a promise keeper. "For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." (2 Corinthians 1:20)

He is my Keeper who never takes His eyes off of me- He never stops watching over or stops keeping me. "He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber." (Psalm 121:3)

Have a great day. The Lord is your Keeper- keeping you in all your ways and in every area that affects you.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell

No comments:

Post a Comment