Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seeing Grace

"Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord." Acts 11:23

Grace is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel its effects. Or perhaps you can "see" it. Personally, when I look in the mirror each morning, I "see" God's grace. I can see the grace of God in my life from the beginning of the day until the end. I see His unmerited favor on my life. I can see that He has given me something, and so much, that I don't deserve.

It was God's grace that woke me up this morning. It was His grace that gave me life and breath again today. His grace puts health in my body. It was His grace that protected and kept me safe through the night. God's grace put a roof over my head, clothes on my back, shoes on my feet, food on my table. It's God's grace that allows me to sit here and share these devotionals with you.

God's grace gives me strength in weakness, comfort in sorrow, peace during times of confusion, wisdom to make the right decisions, help in time of trouble. His grace gives me joy and gladness. The Apostle Paul put it this way, "I am what I am but by the grace of God"... and may I add, "I have what I have but by the grace of God".

The greatest gift of grace that I see upon my life was given to me when Jesus went to Calvary. He provided salvation for me because I could have never obtained it any other way. I couldn't earn it, I couldn't work hard enough to receive it, I could never be good enough. Salvation came to me through His grace and when I received what He did as the payment for my sins grace was imparted to my life.

I rejoice this morning because I can see God's grace upon my life each and everyday and I know that when I stand before Him one day as the Judge of the universe, grace will still be standing with me and I will hear those words- "enter thou into the joy of thy lord".

Have a great day. Take time today to see and acknowledge the grace of God that has been bestowed upon your life.

For further reading:
Romans 4:16
Romans 5:15
Romans 11:6
Ephesians 2:5,8
1 Corinthians 15:10

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell

No comments:

Post a Comment