Monday, March 8, 2010

See You In Church On Sunday!

"Let us go into the house of the Lord." Psalm 122:1 NIV


What's your reason for not going to church? Before you answer, read Ten Reasons Why I Never Wash!

(1) I was forced to wash as a child. (2) People who wash are all hypocrites; they think they are cleaner than everyone else. (3) There are so many kinds of soap; I just can't decide which one is best for me. (4) I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped doing it. (5) I only wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter. (6) None of my friends wash (7) I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier. (8) I don't have time to wash. (9) The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer: (10) The people who make soap are only after your money! Sound familiar?

Speaking of the church, Paul writes: "There should be no division...its parts should have equal concern for each other...each one of you is a part of it" (1Co 12:25027 NIV). You are part of Christ's body, the church, so you need to be there! Watchman Nee says, "Alone I cannot serve the Lord effectively, and He will spare no pains to teach me this. He will bring things to an end, allowing doors to close and leaving me effectively knocking my head against a wall until I realize that I need the help of the body, as well as of the Lord." There are truths taught in God's house that you won't hear anywhere else. There you'll find a spiritualfamily to belong to, a faith to live by, and a focus that gets your eyes where they should be - on Christ! So, see you in church on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment