Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Cry Of An Empty Heart

"'...the world offers...a craving for everything we see...' "1 John 2:16 NLT

A Christian author writes, 'There was a teenager with lots of friends who excelled in school...But looks can be deceiving. I know. I'm that girl. At 7, a neighbour molested me...at 8, I watched my grandfather collapse with a stroke...at 10, my dad left and never returned...my parents divorced...my world got worse by the year. I asked Christ into my life but I still felt guilty, dirty, disappointed, scared, unworthy and empty. I said, 'God, if you won't fix my life, I'll do it myself.' I satisfied people through achievements, but inside I was empty and aching. I gave in to temptation...by crawling into bed with another searching-for-love soul; two people trying to feel complete and looking in the wrong places...Growing inside were seeds of guilt, shame and disgust. After years trying to fill the emptiness...I realised Jesus had been in my heart since the day I asked Him, and He alone could fill it completely. I'm older now...far from perfect, but I've learned that nothing in this world can satisfy the desires of the heart...if it could be found in looks...clothes...relationships...my heart wouldn't have hurt. None of these do what Jesus does. Don't be fooled by the world's promises; believe the promises of God. You're His child. He loves you and wants a relationship with you no matter what you've done.' A hymn writer wrote, None but Christ can satisfy; none other Name for me! There's love, and life, and lasting joy, Lord Jesus, found in Thee!

Soulfood Bible Readings Lev 8-10, Matt 28:16-20, Ps 72:12-20, Pr 9:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment