Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Are You Available for Service?

It’s a wonderful day to be a child of God. Life is an amazing journey that each of us must travel. For some the ride is smooth, while others think there are too many bumps on the road. For some the sun shines at the right time, while others believe the sun shines too much and too bright. Isn’t it amazing how one party can appreciate something, while another party complains about the same thing? Do you realize the rain you hope will not come because you have plans, is the same rain someone else is praying for because they have flowers and crops that need watering? Life is an amazing ride. One person may think you smile too much while another party thinks you have a beautiful smile. One person dislikes you while many other people love you dearly. Do you understand where I am coming from?


My brother, my sister, today I have been commissioned to come and minister to you. While it is true that everyone will not appreciate you, there are still things God requires from us. We may never agree upon our favorite recipes, our favorite songs or our favorite outfit, but these things should never pull us away from each other. The calling upon your life is not predicated on your singing ability, your cooking ability, your gift to close the deal or your many friends. While that means a lot to you and me, this really does not move Heaven. The calling upon your life starts and ends with the Lord Jesus Christ. He chose you, not the other way around. The Bible declares in John 15:16 - Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.


With this said, allow me to ask you the Devotional question for today. Beloved,
Are You Available For Service? Are you available to do what the Lord is requiring of you? In spite of what people say or think of you, are you available for service? Prayer for Today: Father, prepare me for where You are taking me. In the name of Jesus … Amen!


Scripture Reading for Today: Isaiah 6:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment