Friday, November 6, 2009

When Times Appear Dark

A word from Minister Darrick D. McGhee

It’s a wonderful day to be a child of God. Have you ever lost someone who was very dear to your heart? Maybe this person was a spouse, future spouse, best friend, relative or someone you knew at church. While we know death will take place, it is never easy to get use to it. You never imagine your life without this person by your side. This is the same person who believed in you when no one else did. This is the same person who consistently encouraged you when you wanted to give up on yourself and life. Have you ever found yourself mad at God because you felt He let you down? You are mad because you feel God dealt you a bad hand. The questions that often are accompanied by pain begin to leak out of your mouth: “Why me?” “What did (s)he do to deserve this?” “Where were you when we needed you?” You know it was not the Lord’s fault but pain causes you to blame someone.


Today, I have been commissioned to come and minister to you. Each of us endure trying times in life. As a matter of fact, Job said it best in Job 14:1 - Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. We never picture life causing us any challenges or tragedies. We expect the “ever so often” arguments with family and friends. Those we can handle, but we never imagine dark days. My friend, what do you do When Times Appear Dark? What do you do when getting out of the bed appears harder today than it did yesterday? What do you do when crying is easier than ever before? I rose up today, under the power of the Holy Spirit, to tell you that you shall LIVE! I know it is hard, believe me I do, but there is still life to live. There is still purpose to fulfill. There is still lives to impact for the glory of God. There are still sinners to save for the Kingdom of God.


My brother, my sister, what are you going through today? Who have you lost in your life? Does life appear over for you now? I beg the differ. You shall not die but live. The pain is there, but God still has work for you to do. Beloved, what do you do When Times Appear Dark? You continue to trust and depend on God for strength to make it through each day. The Bible declares in 2 Corinthians 12:9 - And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness … At your lowest point in life, God is at His strongest. This is not to say that God has weak points. No, no, it is to inform you that God is now able to carry you through the dark days of life. He is able to hide you in the shadow of His wings. This is not the time to live defeated; but the time to call on the name of the Lord. Prayer for Today: Father, help me overcome the times when it appears dark in my life. Help me to trust totally in Your power and strength. In the name of Jesus … Amen!


Scripture Reading for Today: Ephesians 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment